The EyeQue Insight uses a combination of the optical goggles and a compatible smartphone to test for visual acuity. After downloading the myEyeQueVA app and activating an account, the user will follow instructions to start visual acuity eye test. After attaching the goggles to the smartphone, the user will look through the goggles and see a series of the letter “E” pointing in one of four directions (up, down, left, and right). Each Insight test consists of 3 tests: right eye, left eye, and dual eye. While taking the test, the user will swipe the direction the open end of the E is facing. For example, when looking at a standard E, the use would swipe to the right. If the E looks like this: Ǝ, the user would swipe to the left. Once the user has finished the full test, the test result will be shown in a format commonly used to describe visual acuity (e.g. 20/30, meaning that the user can see at 20 feet distance what someone with normal vision can see at 30 feet distance).
Articles in this section
- How does the EyeQue Insight work?
- How long does the Insight Visual Acuity test take?
- What can I do with the results of the EyeQue Insight?
- What is visual acuity?
- Who is the EyeQue Insight designed for?
- I'm not very familiar with the US Visual Acuity scale. Can I change it?
- Can the EyeQue Insight be used with children?
- Why do I need separate accounts for each family member?
- Is the EyeQue subscription service required to use the EyeQue Insigh?
- How much does the EyeQue Insight cost?