Accommodation is quite important when taking either the Quick Test or Full Test with the EyeQue miniscope. Since the smartphone will be at such a close distance, your non-testing eye my use it's close up vision if not focused on something far away. Close-up vision tends to be more myopic than your normal distance vision and will cause negatively skewed vision test results. With time and practice, you can greatly improve your ability to minimize accommodation while using the EyeQue miniscope. The most effective way is to keep your resting eye open and look at a target that is at least 6 feet away while testing your other eye.
Articles in this section
- What is a refractive error?
- Is the EyeQue Personal Vision Tracker a replacement for visiting my eye doctor?
- Does the EyeQue Personal Vision Tracker work for everyone?
- What are the benefits of using the EyeQue Personal Vision Tracker in combination with visits to my eye doctor?
- Can I use the EyeQue Personal Vision Tracker improve my eyesight?
- What is accommodation?
- What does accommodation have to do with using the EyeQue miniscope?
- What is a Spherical Equivalent?
- What is a diopter?
- How often should I take the EyeQue vision tests?