There are a 3 main reasons that you might be experiencing this message on your device:
- You may be unable to connect to the EyeQue Cloud:
- If you have limited, interrupted or no internet access you may not be able to connect to the EyeQue Cloud server. Without a connection to the server, your device cannot be verified and it will prompt you with this error. To re-establish a connection on an iOS device you will need to force close the app and the reload the app on your device. This should fix the issue and you'll be able to continue with the test. On an Android device you can tap on the "Try Again" button or force close the app like an iOS device. If you are still receiving the error, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if the issue is server side. If you are using an Android based smartphone, do not use the back button as it may leave any errors on the stack causing you to continue to see this error.
- Your phone model number may not be included in our database:
- This is more common among Android based smartphones vs iOS based ones. A brand of smartphone will have the same exact specifications from carrier to carrier, but the model number of the device might be different. For example, Carrier A and Carrier B both have carry the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone. Every spec of that phone will be the same with Carrier A as with Carrier B, but it's model number may be G950A while Carrier B's would be G950U. If for some reason we do not have Carrier B's model number in our database then this error will be displayed. When this is the case, you should e-mail email@example.com and ask if your model is included in the database. Support may ask you to send a diagnostic report to gather this data from your device and can lead you through the process if you do not know how to do so within the myEyeQue app.
- You phone is not compatible with our device:
- Depending on the device that you are using, we may have not tested the device for compatibility or the device is not usable with the Personal Vision Tracker system. There is one main requirement that will determine if your device has a possibility of being compatible and that is the pixel per inch of the screen. If the current device has a PPI below 300 then it will not give an accurate enough reading with the EyeQue miniscope and will not be compatible. If your device does have the minimum PPI required, then you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and inquire about the possibility* of testing your device.
*Devices that are discontinued will not be tested. Any smartphone produced before Jan 1, 2016 may not be tested based on the demand for that device.