A screen protector will affect your result; the Personal Vision Tracker is a high precision optical device with a 0.25 diopter resolution. A screen protector with a thickness of around 1/100 of an inch (or 0.25mm) can change the result up to 0.25 diopters. We do compensate the results for users with screen protectors, however, screen protector thickness varies significantly. This can make it impossible to completely compensate for the offset introduced by your screen protector. If you are using a screen protector on your smartphone, your results may be off by 0.25 to 0.5 diopters. We strongly recommend removing your screen protector and cleaning the screen before taking a test.
Articles in this section
- Why can't I access the myEyeQue app with my EyeQue account?
- I am not sure how to use the myEyeQue app; how do I get started?
- Why am I getting a "Network is not available" error message when I finish my vision test?
- Why do I keep receiving an "Oops" message when I open the myEyeQue app?
- I am in test mode and keep trying to see the red and green lines, but am having difficulty. What can I do?
- Why do I see blurry lines when I look into the miniscope? Is it supposed to be blurry?
- Why does the miniscope keep sliding around my smartphone screen?
- Why is my Android phone not listed as supported by the myEyeQue app?
- On iOS, why do I get a spinning icon at the end of the Vision Test?
- Why does the myEyeQue app say my phone is incompatible when your product page says it is?